The Zodiac Animals Foundation manages the animal collection of the Zodiac Zoos, which includes agile mangabeys, pygmy hippopotamuses, ruffed lemurs, cheetahs, ring-tailed lemurs, Parma wallaby, Kirk’s dik-dik, binturong, Von der Decken’s hornbill, cotton-top tamarins, white-cheeked gibbons, lion-tailed macaques, and Humboldt penguins.
Zodiac Zoos, together with the Van Hall Institute of the College Zoo in Leeuwarden have created an internship program in which animal management students can intern at one of the Zodiac zoos.
Together the zoos participate in more than 25 European Endangered Species Programmes (EEP) and 20 European Studbooks (ESB). European Studbooks maintained by Zodiac Zoos include the black crowned crane (Balearica pavonina) and the black-eared marmoset (Callithrix penicillata).
Aqua Zoo Friesland opened in 2003, and is located in Leeuwarden. It specializes in aquatic animals, and is a member of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA) and Dutch Zoo Federation (NVD). Animals at the zoo include seals, penguins, wallabies, flamingos, dwarf otters, ocelots, beavers, and pelicans.
Castle Arcen (Kasteeltuinen Arcen) is a historic castle with gardens and a zoo. Animals in the zoo include squirrel monkeys, cockatiels, diamond dove, Japanese quail, helmet guinea fowl, black swans, crested screamer, flamingos, European storks, koi, carp, salmon trout, beluga sturgeon, European eagle owl, green macaw, blue yellow macaw, demoiselle crane, marabou, and Von der Decken's tok.
Zoo Labyrinth Boekelo was opened in 2005, and is located near Enschede in the province of Overijssel, the Netherlands. This facility includes a series of labyrinths and mazes that test the senses and help teach about nature. It also includes a butterfly garden. closed in 2012
Zoo Park Overloon is a 21-acre (8.5 ha) park in Overloon, in the province of North Brabant, Netherlands. The zoo is a member of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA) and Dutch Zoo Federation (NVD). Animals at the zoo include cheetahs, tapirs, gibbons, flamingos, giant anteaters, red pandas, reindeer, bears, marten, straw-necked ibis, lemurs, Indian antelope, and kangaroos.
Zoo Wissel is a small Dutch zoo in Wissel, near Epe in the province of Gelderland, Netherlands. It specializes in small animals, and is a member of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA) and Dutch Zoo Federation (NVD). Animals at the zoo include marabou, pygmy hippos, flamingos, cranes, dik-diks, white-faced saki, red pandas, squirrel monkeys, bear, marten, and ringtail lemurs. Plans are in place to move the zoo to a new location and rename it "Pangea Parc".
- "Welcome to Zodiac Zoos". zodiaczoos.nl. Zodiac Zoos. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Acquisition BestZOO Best". bestzoo.nl. BestZOO. Retrieved 23 August 2010.
- "EAZA Member Zoos & Aquariums". eaza.net. European Association of Zoos and Aquaria. Archived from the original on August 19, 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "General". nvdzoos.nl. Dutch Zoo Federation. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Welcome to Aqua Zoo Friesland". frieslandzoo.nl. Aqua Zoo Friesland. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Animals". kasteeltuinen.nl. Kasteeltuinen Arcen. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Zodiac Circle" (PDF). pangeapark.nl. Zodiac Zoos. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Welcome to Labyrinth Boekelo". labyrinthboekelo.nl. Labyrinth Boekelo. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Map of Labyrinth Boekelo". labyrinthboekelo.nl. Labyrinth Boekelo. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Welcome to Zoo Park Overloon". overloonzoo.nl. Zoo Park Overloon. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Welcome to Dierenpark Wissel". wisselzoo.nl. Dierenpark Wissel. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Welcomem to Pangea Park". pangeaparc.nl. Pangea Park. Retrieved 21 August 2010.