Zenprise provides Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions to enterprises. The company's solutions are available in both on-premises and cloud-based (SaaS) versions. Zenprise MobileManager and Zencloud allow companies and government agencies to manage and secure mobile devices, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and Symbian.
|Founders||Dr. Waheed Qureshi & Jayaram Bhat|
|Headquarters||Redwood City, California, United States|
|Services||mobile device management|
Zenprise was co-founded in 2003 by Waheed Qureshi & Jayaram Bhat. Initially the company developed remote support and diagnostics software to help companies manage large-scale BlackBerry deployments. As the market evolved to enterprises supporting a diverse set of smartphones and tablets, Zenprise shifted its product development efforts to support the major mobile platforms, including iPhone and iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, and Windows Mobile. In 2010, Zenprise acquired French Mobile Device Management vendor, Sparus Software, and integrated Sparus’s software into its core product offering.
In July 2011, Zenprise launched Zencloud, the cloud version of its Mobile Device Management software. Zencloud is hosted in globally-redundant, SAS70 Type II-, FISMA Moderate-compliant, and Federal Cloud Certified facilities.
In September 2011, Zenprise developed and launched a free application on Splunkbase. Called Zenprise Mobile Security Intelligence, the application integrates with Zenprise mobile device management software, and provides visibility into mobile users and mobile device traffic.
In October 2011, Zenprise raised $30 million from investors, including Bay Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, Rembrandt Venture Partners, Shasta Ventures, and newly added venture firm, Greylock Partners.
In December 2012 Citrix announced its intent to acquire Zenprise. The acquisition closed in January 2013.
Products and Features
- Zenprise MobileManager: An on-premises Mobile Device Management solution focused on providing mobile device lifecycle management and mobile security across devices, applications, the network, and data.
- Zencloud: Cloud version of Zenprise’s mobile device management software. Zencloud can be deployed as a standalone cloud solution or hybrid solution for policy enforcement at the mobile gateway.
- Services, support, and training: Zenprise offers 24x7x365 technical support on five continents and in ten languages, instructor-led in-person and web-based training, and a number of professional services offerings tailored to Mobile Device Management deployments.
Customers and Partners
Today, Zenprise has more than 1,000 global enterprise and government customers, including Monsanto, the Boston Red Sox, Cegedim, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, Cyberonics, PerkinElmer, Arsenal, ScentAir, Ross Stores, Jelly Belly, Carnival Corporation & PLC and Knight Transportation.
Zenprise positioned in leaders Quadrant in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management, May 2012
Gartner Critical Capabilities for Mobile Device Management, July 29, 2011
Forrester Market Overview: On-Premises Mobile Device Management Solutions, Q3 2011, January 3, 2012
Forrester Market Overview: Cloud-Hosted Mobile Device Management Solutions and Managed Services, January 3, 2012
Zenprise Named Top New Security Vendor by HP at Protect 2011, September 20, 2011
Zenprise Raises $30 Million; Investment Led by Greylock Partners, October 11, 2011
Zenprise Achieves Tremendous Growth in 2011, January 24, 2012
- Zenprise, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek
- Zenprise targets BlackBerry management Archived May 1, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Zenprise acquires Sparus Software - Telecompaper
- Zenprise introduces Zencloud, Cloud-based Mobility Strategy | SiliconANGLE
- Zenprise Launches Mobile Data Loss Prevention | MSPmentor
- Zenprise Launches New Professional Services Offerings and Technical Support Programs at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2011 | Reuters
- Zenprise Launches Zenprise Partner Network
- Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software | 2019515
- Zenprise.com | Zenprise Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Magic Quadrant
- Critical Capabilities for Mobile Device Management | 1755619
- Forrester Research : Research : Market Overview: On-Premises Mobile Device Management Solutions
- Forrester Research : Research : Market Overview: Cloud-Hosted Mobile Device Management Solutions And Managed Services
- Zenprise Named Top New Security Vendor by HP at Protect 2011 - Global Security Mag Online
- Zenprise Raises $30 Million In New Funding | TechCrunch
- Zenprise Achieves Tremendous Growth in 2011