Zee TV is an Indian pay television channel owned by Zee Entertainment Enterprises, a media and entertainment company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. A part of the Essel Group, it started to broadcast on 2 October 1992 as the first Hindi-language subscription channel in India.
|Launched||2 October 1992|
|Owned by||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
Parent: (Essel Group)
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Slogan||Aaj Likhenge Kal|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Digital terrestrial television||Channel slots vary on each city|
|Airtel digital TV(India)||Channel 108 (SD)|
Channel 109 (HD)
(Mauritius & Réunion)
|Channel 142 (SD)|
|Channel 203 (SD)|
Channel 902 (HD)
|Channel 694 (HD)|
|Dish TV||Channel 118 (SD)|
Channel 117 (HD)
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 709 (SD)|
|Tata Sky||Channel 143 (SD) |
Channel 141 (HD)
|Channel 103 (SD)|
Channel 903 (HD)
channel 166 ( Zee World)
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 209 (SD)|
Channel 231 (HD)
|Sun Direct||Channel 308 (SD)|
Channel 876 (HD)
|Transvision (Indonesia)||Channel 151 (as Zee Bioskop)|
|OSN (Middle East|
& North Africa)
|Channel 194 (as JTBC Zee TV)|
|Cable TV Hong Kong||Channel 851|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 809 (HD)|
|iO Digital Cable|
|Channel 336 and Channel 691|
|Virgin Media Ireland|
|Channel 123 (Digital)|
|Channel 123 (Digital)|
(Trinidad and Tobago)
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 39|
|Spectrum (cable service)||Channel 1533|
|TalkTalk Plus TV|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 646|
|KabloTV (Turkey)||Channel 152|
|Sling TV (United States)||Internet protocol television|
The channel mostly airs content intended for family and coming-of-age generations ranging from comedy to drama. It also aired reality shows such as Shabaash India, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, I Can Do That, India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj, and Dance India Dance.
Zee TV launched a Nickelodeon-branded programming block in 1999 as part of a distribution deal between Viacom International and Zee Entertainment Enterprises. It was replaced by a new Cartoon Network block in 2002.
- zeetv.com. "Contact Us". zeetv.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Zee TV completes 23 years". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 6 October 2015. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Zee TV unveils its brand new logo and philosophy, 'Aaj Likhenge Kal'". Indian Advertising Media & Marketing News – exchange4media. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- "17 New serials are to be launched". IT Team. indianrelevision.com. 9 March 2001. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Sapna, Nair (14 June 2006). "Action and adventure to rule Zee's prime slot". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Prachi, Shrivastava (18 December 2014). "Zee TV hikes ad rates for Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs 5". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "After Oye! It's Friday, Farhan Akhtar is returning to TV". Hindustan Times. 27 August 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "Zee launches star hunt 'India's Best Cinestars Ki Khoj'". Indiantelevision.com. 21 April 2004.
- "DID Little Masters tops the flock; Zee slips back to No. 3". afaqs news bureau. afaqs. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "ZEE TV TO LAUNCH NICKELODEON". 11 October 1999. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Cartoon Network block replaces Nick on Zee TV". 14 August 2002. Retrieved 19 September 2017.