|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Headquarters location||London, SE11|
|Distribution||NBN International (most of world)|
Chicago Distribution Center (Americas)
|Nonfiction topics||Politics, economics, gender studies, development studies, environment|
Zed publishes books for an international audience of both general and academic readers, covering areas such as politics and global current affairs, economics, gender studies and sexualities, development studies and the environment.
Zed Books' business model and structure are unique to the publishing industry. It is the world's largest English-language publishing collective. The company is owned and managed as a non-hierarchical co-operative by its workers, without any shareholders. It publishes around 70 books per year, providing many to the academic market and to university courses.
Zed authors include Nawal El Saadawi, Eleanor Roosevelt, Assata Shakur, Yanis Varoufakis, Vandana Shiva, Maggie Nelson, Ece Temelkuran and Paul French, as well as hundreds of internationally respected journalists and academics.
- Sales representation and distribution
- "Roger van Zwanenberg". www.dofdifference.org. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "When Yanis Varoufakis stepped up, so did Zed Books…". The Guardian. 22 March 2015. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Zed Books Celebrates 25 Years of International Publishing. (Books). - Free Online Library". www.thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "The winners of the 2019 IPG Independent Publishing Awards". IPG. IPG. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- Adewunmi, Bim (13 July 2014). "Assata Shakur: from civil rights activist to FBI's most-wanted". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Hern, Alex (13 May 2016). "Publisher's Facebook page deleted after posting criticism of Turkish government". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 14 September 2016.