Zachary Jordan "Zach" Bauman (born July 24, 1992) is an American football running back who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks. He was considered one of the top running backs in FCS history, being one of only nine players to rush for 1,000+ yards four times .
|Born:||July 24, 1992|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Hamilton High School|
|College:||Northern Arizona University|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Baumann played college football for the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) from 2010 to 2013. He was considered one of the top running backs in the FCS that year. While at Northern Arizona, he rushed for at least 1,000 yards for all four years of his eligibility, including 1,456 yards and 10 touchdowns as a senior. He was named to the first team in the Big Sky Conference three times.
The Arizona Cardinals signed Bauman to their practice squad on October 28, 2014. Bauman was cut by the Cardinals on November 11, 2014. He was re-signed to the practice squad on December 16, 2014. On May 5, 2015, he was released by the Cardinals.
In the preseason of 2014, Bauman scored a touchdown on what was called the "most bizarre TD of early NFL preseason" in a game against the Minnesota Vikings. The play highlighted the rule that the center's snap to the quarterback is considered a backward pass and not a handoff, therefore the dropped ball was not a fumble and could be advanced. Bauman picked up the ball from the turf and ran it six yards for a touchdown.
Bauman participated in The Spring League in 2017.
- "Zach Bauman, DS #35 RB, Northern Arizona (statistics)". NFL Draft Scout. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Weinfuss, Josh (August 28, 2014). "Bauman's skill makes up for size, Cards say". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 21, 2016.
- Speltz, Bill (September 25, 2013). "NAU's Bauman is hard to handle". The Missoulian. Retrieved January 21, 2016.
- Smith, Eric (August 16, 2014). "NFL dream within reach for ex-Chandler Hamilton star Bauman". East Valley Tribune. Retrieved January 22, 2016.
- "Arizona Cardinals sign former NAU standout Zach Bauman to practice squad". Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. October 28, 2014. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Pelissero, Tom (August 17, 2014). "Cardinals RB Zach Bauman scores most bizarre TD of early NFL preseason". USA Today. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Levine, Ben (April 9, 2017). "The Spring League Announces Camp Roster". profootballrumors.com. Retrieved July 25, 2017.