He did not run in 1985.
Duhaime was a candidate to the Bloc Québécois Leadership Convention of 1997 but finished second behind Gilles Duceppe. He also ran as a BQ candidate in the district of Saint-Maurice against the incumbent Member of Parliament and Prime Minister Jean Chrétien. Chrétien won re-election with 47%. Duhaime finished a strong second with 44%.
Yves Duhaime ran for Mayor of Shawinigan in 2009. He finished second with 29% of the vote against organized labor activist Michel Angers (55%) and Ralliement Municipal candidate Claude Villemure (16%).
- "Biography". Dictionnaire des parlementaires du Québec de 1792 à nos jours (in French). National Assembly of Quebec.
- "History of Federal Ridings since 1867". Parliament of Canada. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- Bernard Lepage, L'Hebdo du Saint-Maurice, La campagne électorale est lancée, September 18, 2009
- Andrée-Anne Trudel, L'Hebdo du St-Maurice, Yves Duhaime n’a aucun regret, November 2, 2009
- 62nd (Shawinigan) Field Artillery Regiment
- Saint-Maurice Legislators
- Saint-Maurice Provincial Electoral District
|National Assembly of Quebec|
Marcel Bérard (Liberal)
| MNA, District of Saint-Maurice
Yvon Lemire (Liberal)