|Born||29 September 1989|
|Curling club||Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo Curling Team, Hokkaido, Japan|
|2 (2015, 2019)|
|3 (2007, 2018, 2019)|
Matsumura represented Japan in the 2018 Pacific-Asia Curling Championships in South Korea, which his team would end up winning, defeating China's Zou Qiang in the final. Later in the season he went on to win the 2019 Janapense Men's Championship and represented Japan at the 2019 World Men's Curling Championship as the team's skip. There, he led his team to a fourth place finish, after losing the bronze medal game to Switzerland.
Matsumura began the 2019-20 curling season by winning the 2019 Hokkaido Bank Curling Classic. Team Matsumura represented Japan at the 2019 Pacific-Asia Curling Championships. After going 8-1 through the round robin and defeating China in the semi-final, they lost the final 11-2 to South Korea's Kim Chang-min.
Grand Slam record
|F||Lost in Final|
|SF||Lost in Semifinal|
|QF||Lost in Quarterfinals|
|R16||Lost in the round of 16|
|Q||Did not advance to playoffs|
|T2||Played in Tier 2 event|
|DNP||Did not participate in event|
|N/A||Not a Grand Slam event that season|
- "Players, Yuta Matsumura". Curling World Cup. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "松村 雄太" [Yuta Matsumura]. consadole-curling.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "Teams". Ford World Men's Curling Championship 2015. worldcurling.org. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "Yuta Matsumura Personal Information". Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "Japan's Matsumura, Yoshimura win Oakville Fall Classic". thegrandslamofcurling.com. 2018-09-02. Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- "Japan win Pacific-Asia Curling Championships 2018 men's title". World Curling Federation. 2018-11-10. Retrieved 2018-12-13.
- 2019 World Men's Curling Championship Media Guide: Team Japan