You're the Doctor
You're the Doctor is a 1938 British comedy film directed by Roy Lockwood and starring Barry K. Barnes, Googie Withers and Norma Varden. The screenplay concerns a young woman who pretends to be ill to avoid going on a cruise with her parents, which leads to a series of confusions.
|You're the Doctor|
Original trade advertisement poster
|Directed by||Roy Lockwood|
|Produced by||A. George Smith|
|Written by||Guy Beauchamp |
|Starring||Barry K. Barnes |
|Distributed by||British Independent Exhibitors' Distributors (UK)|
It was made at Isleworth Studios.
- Barry K. Barnes as John Meriden
- Googie Withers as Helen Firmstone
- Norma Varden as Lady Beatrice
- Joan White as Jane
- Gus McNaughton as Kemp
- Paul Blake as Reggie Bissett
- James Harcourt as William Firmstone
- Margaret Yarde as Mrs Taggart
- Aubrey Mallalieu as Vicar
- Bruce Seton as Appleby
- Eliot Makeham as Prout
TV Guide called the film a "Strained idea cleverly carried off."
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | YOU'RE THE DOCTOR (1938)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 16 April 2009. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Wood p.99
- "You'Re The Doctor".
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.