Video cover of 1936 movie Yellowstone
|Directed by||Arthur Lubin|
|Produced by||Val Paul (associate producer)|
|Written by||Jefferson Parker&|
|Based on||story by Arthur Phillips|
|Music by||Clifford Vaughan|
|Cinematography||Milton R. Krasner|
|Edited by||Maurice Wright|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
The film, starring Judith Barrett, Henry Hunter, Ralph Morgan, Alan Hale, Raymond Hatton, and Andy Devine, combines murder mystery, romance, and natural setting. The famous historic building Old Faithful Inn is featured in the film.
An ex-con is murdered in Yellowstone National Park while a bank robber's son is searching for the loot his father hid there 20 years before.
- Bard Composes Title Song for Drama Los Angeles Times 13 Sep 1936: C4.
- Yellowstone Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 3, Iss. 25, (Jan 1, 1936): 178.
- "Advance Production Chart". Variety. June 24, 1936.
- Monitor Movie Guide: 'Nine Days a Queen' a Tragic Tale Well Acted and Directed The Christian Science Monitor 3 Oct 1936: 17.
- Vagg, Stephen (September 14, 2019). "The Cinema of Arthur Lubin". Diabolique Magazine.
- Flynn, Charles; McCarthy, Todd (1975). "Arthur Lubin". In Flynn, Charles; McCarthy, Todd (eds.). Kings of the Bs : working within the Hollywood system : an anthology of film history and criticism. E. P. Dutton. p. 364.
- Yellowstone on IMDb
- Yellowstone at Letterbox DVD
- Yellowstone is available for free download at the Internet Archive