Yannis Papathanasiou (Greek: Γιάννης Παπαθανασίου) (born January 1, 1954) is a Greek politician, former Minister for Economy and Finance of Greece. He is a member of the Hellenic Parliament with the conservative New Democracy party since 2002.
|Minister of the Economy and Finance|
8 January 2009 – 7 October 2009
|Prime Minister||Kostas Karamanlis|
|Preceded by||Georgios Alogoskoufis|
|Succeeded by||Louka Katseli (Economy, Competitiveness and Shipping)|
Giorgos Papakonstantinou (Finance)
|Born||1 January 1954|
|Political party||New Democracy|
|Alma mater||National Technical University of Athens|
Background, business and political career
He has been Member of the Board of Directors (1982–1988), Secretary General (1988–1993) and President (1994–2000) of the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI).
In the period 1991-1992, he was advisor on energy issues, at the Minister of Commerce Industry and Energy and between 1992–1993, he has been vice-chairman of the Board of Directors of Public Gas Corporation (DEPA).
He was first elected member of the Hellenic Parliament in 2002, from the state deputies' list, with New Democracy party and then was elected member of the parliament in Athens B constituency, in the elections of 2004, 2007 and 2009.
- "Curriculum Vitae". at Hellenic Parliament website. Retrieved March 31, 2009.
- "Profile of Yannis Papathanasiou". at ana.mpa.gr. Archived from the original on June 23, 2006. Retrieved March 31, 2009.
- "Yannis Papathanasiou". at the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Greece website. Retrieved April 1, 2009.
- Ανανέωση αλλά και ηχηρές απουσίες στη νέα Βουλή. ANA-MPA (in Greek). ana-mpa.gr. October 9, 2006. Archived from the original on 2009-10-09. Retrieved October 9, 2009.
- Official website of the Greek Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Personal Website of Yannis Papathanasiou
| Minister of the Economy and Finance
as Minister of the Economy, Competitiveness and Shipping
as Minister of Finance