Xuezelu station (simplified Chinese: 学则路站; traditional Chinese: 學則路站; pinyin: Xuézélù Zhàn) is a station on Line 2 of the Nanjing Metro, located along the north side of Xianlin Avenue (仙林大道) in Qixia District. It started operations on 28 May 2010 along with the rest of Line 2.
Qixia District, Nanjing, Jiangsu
|Operated by||Nanjing Metro Co. Ltd.|
|Opened||28 May 2010|
In April 2011, Xuezelu station became the first station on the Nanjing Metro to feature a set of "musical stairs" leading up connecting the platform and the concourse levels; since then, Muxuyuan has also installed similar stairs. The stairs were alternatively painted white and black like the keys of a piano, and with the aid of sensors on the adjacent wall, would emit pianistic sounds whenever passengers used the stairs. The utilitarian hope was that this unique feature would help attract passengers away from the adjacent escalators and lower their load. The installation of these stairs caused a large number of Nanjing residents to purposely come to the station to experience them, but also inspired other installations in other mainland Chinese cities. However, the eventual wear and tear on the sensors lead to their uninstalling in December 2012.
- 大事记. Nanjing Metro. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- 南京地铁二号线载人模拟运营 [Nanjing Metro Line 2 Undergoes Trial Runs]. Yantse Evening News (in Chinese). 23 May 2010. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- 车站简介. Nanjing Metro. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
Find the station name and direct your mouse pointer to it, wait until the icon turns into a darker color, and click.
- 音乐楼梯“亮相”地铁苜蓿园站. 中国江苏网. 23 April 2013.
- “音乐楼梯”亮相南京 行人太多“弹”曲有难度. Sina City. 25 April 2011.
- 当别人效仿南京地铁造音乐楼梯 学则路站钢琴楼梯要被拆了. Sina real estate. 27 December 2012.