Xavier Minniecon (born 4 July 1967) is a former Australian television weather presenter. He was the weekend weather presenter on the Adelaide, South Australia edition of the Nine Network's Nine News from 1997 to 2011.
Minniecon was born in Rockhampton, Queensland on July 4 1967. He moved to Darwin, Northern Territory in his late teens and attended Darwin High School, where he matriculated. Before working in media, he was employed variously as a computer salesman, assistant gardener, barman, waiter and singing telegram messenger.
Minniecon's media career began in Darwin in 1985 as a police and court radio reporter for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), and then later as a television weather presenter for ABC. He joined Channel 9's weekend news team as weatherman in 1997. He is also a popular host for a wide spectrum of organisations and events around the Adelaide area.
Minniecon's recreational interests include cooking, meditation and massage therapy. He also has a long-standing interest in new religion and the supernatural and has published a book of supernatural stories, Shadows—Tales of South Australia's Supernatural.
On 13 January 2011, a spokesperson for Nine Adelaide revealed Minniecon's contract had not been renewed. He now works as a voice artist and professional speaker.
- "Xavier Minniecon Biography". Nine News. Archived from the original on 5 June 2011.
- "The Weather Desk". NWS9. Archived from the original on 18 October 2009.
- Yeaman, Simon (29 January 1998). "Weatherman has the reins". The Advertiser.
- "Speaker Xavier Minniecon- Full Biography". ICMI Speakers and Entertainers. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Nine weatherman Minniecon dumped". Sunday Mail (SA). 16 January 2011. Retrieved 30 January 2011.
- "ICMI Speakers and Entertainers - Xavier Minniecon". Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Voices.com - Xavier Minniecon". Retrieved 12 November 2015.