XGMML (the eXtensible Graph Markup and Modeling Language) is an XML application based on GML which is used for graph description. Technically, while GML is not related to XML nor SGML, XGMML is an XML application that is so designed that there's a 1:1 relation towards GML for trivial conversion between the two formats.
Applications supporting XGMML
- Cytoscape, an open source bioinformatics software platform for visualizing molecular interaction networks, loads and saves networks and node/edge attributes in XGMML
- Biomax BioXM Knowledge Management Environment, a customizable knowledge management system for life sciences, supports export of semantic network graphs as XGMML files
- JNets, a network visualization and analysis tool.
- LOGML, a markup language enabling data mining for web server logs. LOGML is derived from XGMML.
- XGMML Reference (broken link!)