World Football Phone-In
The World Football Phone-in is a British weekly radio phone-in show about association football around the world. Hosted by Dotun Adebayo, it is part of the nightly Up All Night programming on BBC Radio 5 Live presented by Adebayo. The football show is broadcast in the 2 am to 4 am slot on Saturday mornings, and is also released as a podcast. Regular contributors are awarded a 'Brazilian shirt name' as a nickname.
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Home station||BBC Radio 5 Live|
|Hosted by||Dotun Adebayo|
|Opening theme||"Soccer fan"|
Real Sounds of Africa
Occasionally the entire programme (1 – 5 am) is dedicated to the phone-in.
Knowledge about players and clubs from different parts of the world, and, in Adebayo's words, 'players from over there playing in our leagues', is provided by using selected experts each week who have knowledge about a specific confederation, currently drawn from:
- Tim "Legendinho" Vickery (South America)
- Mark "Springboca Junior" Gleeson (Africa)
- Mina "The Colonel" Rzouki (Europe)
- Paul "Galatasarahs" Sarahs (Europe/World)
- John "Northern Seoul" Duerden (Asia)
- Jon "Neigh-mar" Arnold (CONCACAF)
- Mark "Viva Mark Vegas" Meadows (Europe)
- Maher "Chicken Tikka Mo Salah" Mezahi (North Africa)
Former pundits include Sean "The Big Wheel" Wheelock, Lester Smith (both CONCACAF), Mani Djazmi (Asia), Andy"Top Brass" Brassell (Europe), Durosimi "Leone Ranger" Thomas (Africa), and Hiral "The Uxbridge Massive" Bhatt (Africa).
- "BBC Radio 5 live's World Football Phone-in". Facebook. Retrieved 27 November 2010.