Woodstock Town F.C.
|Full name||Woodstock Town Football Club|
|Ground||New Road, Wodstock|
|League||Hellenic League Division Two North|
|2018–19||Hellenic League Division Two West, 13th of 13 (transferred)|
They were formed in 1998 from a merger of Woodstock Town and Old Woodstock. Woodstock Town was playing in the Witney and District League during the 1911–12, with winning the competition in the same year. In 1950 they joined the Oxfordshire Senior Football League, winning the league eight times until their merger with Old Woodstock. Old woodstock were formed in 1920 and started playing for their first fifty years in the Witney & District league, winning it twice, before being promoted to the Oxfordshire Senior Football League in 1970.
In their first season as a merged club they won the Oxfordshire Senior Football League. This enabled them to join the Hellenic Football League Division One West for the 1999–2000 season. In the season 2007–08 they were runners up in the West division and were promoted to the Hellenic League Premier Division for the 2008–09 season. The club remained in the premier division until the end of the 2010–11 season, when despite finishing 9th they were demoted back to Division one west due to their ground failing to have floodlights. The 2010–11 campaign was also the season that the club made their debut in the FA Cup, making it to the second qualifying round before being knocked out by GE Hamble.
The 2012-13 season saw the club reach the third round of the FA Vase, however they never got to contest this game against Colliers Wood United, as the FA expelled them from the competition as their New Road ground did not meet the criteria for this competition, and the club were not allowed to play games in the FA Vase at their old groundshare with North Leigh.
In 2016 the club changed its name from Old Woodstock Town to the present name. In the 2016–17 season they finished bottom of the league with only thirteen points having only won 3 games. However; they were reprieved from relegation.
- Oxfordshire Senior League
- Champions 1998–99
- "OWTFC History – Old Woodstock Town FC". Pitchero.com. Archived from the original on 12 November 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- OLD WOODSTOCK TOWN at the Football Club History Database
- "Hardwicke's promotion confirmed at AGM". This is Gloucestershire. 21 June 2008. Archived from the original on 5 May 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Fisher's sympathy for demoted Bassett (From This Is Swindon Town FC)". Thisisswindontownfc.co.uk. 16 May 2011. Archived from the original on 5 May 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "West Oxfordshire Core Strategy" (PDF). Old Woodstock Town. 26 July 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "football.mitoo". football.mitoo. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Steven (30 November 2012). "The Travelling Fan: Road to Wembley 2012/13 (2nd Round)". Thetravellingfan.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Uhlsport Hellenic Football League | Club Details | Old Woodstock Town". Hellenicleague.co.uk. Retrieved 14 November 2012.