Wombling Songs is the first album released by The Wombles. The songs were recorded by Mike Batt (vocals/piano) with session musicians Chris Spedding (guitars), Les Hurdle (bass), Clem Cattini (drums), Ray Cooper (percussion), Rex Morris (sax), Eddie Mordue (sax) and Jack Rothstein (violin). The vocals were credited to "the younger Wombles, assisted by Mike Batt".
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||CBS Studios and Wessex Studios, August 1973|
|The Wombles chronology|
According to Batt, the album was really just character songs and background music for the television series." However, the album spent 17 weeks in the UK album charts, peaking at number 19 on 2 March 1974.
All tracks written by Mike Batt.
- The Wombling Song (Television Version) (1:40)
- Wombles Everywhere (3:20)
- Exercise Is Good For You (Laziness Is Not) (2:30)
- The Wombles' Warning (3:25)
- Tobermory (3:35)
- Dreaming In The Sun (Orinoco's Song) (4:10)
- Madame Cholet (3:48)
- Great Uncle Bulgaria's March (3:28)
- Wellington Womble (3:50)
- Bungo's Birthday (2:30)
- Wombling Along (Link Piece) (0:48)
- The Wombling Song (Full Version) (2:25)
The Wombling Song was released as a single.
The Wombling Song, Exercise Is Good For You and Madam Cholet were used in the 1977 film Wombling Free.