Woh Saat Din
Woh Saat Din (lit. Those Seven Days) is a 1983 Hindi film directed by Bapu. Produced by Surinder Kapoor and Boney Kapoor, it stars his son Anil Kapoor along with Padmini Kolhapure and Naseeruddin Shah. It was Anil Kapoor's first lead role. The film is a remake of the 1981 Tamil film Andha 7 Naatkal, which was directed by K. Bhagyaraj. Director Bapu remade the film in Telugu first and then in Hindi. The music was done by Laxmikant Pyarelal while Anand Bakshi wrote the lyrics.
|Woh Saat Din|
|Produced by||Surinder Kapoor |
|Written by||K. Bhagyaraj (screenplay)|
Jainendra Jain (dialogue)
|Edited by||N. Chandra|
|Distributed by||S.K. Film Enterprises|
Maya (played by Padmini Kolhapure) attempts suicide on the day of her nuptial night. Dr. Anand (played by Naseeruddin Shah), Maya's husband, who is a doctor, treats her, and finds out that she attempted suicide. When Maya gains consciousness, she confirms her secret to Dr. Anand: She didn't want to get married and was forced.
The story moves to a flashback, where a new singer, Prem (played by Anil Kapoor) and his sidekick Master Raju, come to Maya's house. It is love at first sight for Maya as she falls for the naive, innocent Prem. However, Prem, aspiring to be a true musician, rejects Maya's advances. Furthermore, Prem is in love with Maya but believes that he isn't worthy of her. They declare their love for each other, and plan to elope, but destiny has other plans in store for Maya and Prem. On the day of their elopement, the lovers are caught by Maya's parents. As a result, Prem and his sidekick are kicked out of the house and Maya is forced to wed Dr. Anand.
The plot moves to the present, where Dr. Anand confides in her that he only married her due to his ill mother, Savitri (played by Dina Pathak). Dr. Anand promises to unite the two lovers after his mother's death. During the time of her stay, Maya gets attached to Dr. Anand's daughter (played by Suchita Trivedi). Meanwhile, Dr. Anand searches for and finds Prem. When his mother dies, Dr. Anand reunites Prem and Maya. However, his attempts remain fruitless, as Maya refuses to leave Dr. Anand. Maya realizes the strength behind their marriage and doesn't budge. Prem leaves Dr. Anand and Maya stating that this is deviance in the eyes of society.
- Naseeruddin Shah....Dr. Anand
- Anil Kapoor....Prem Pratap Singh (Patiyala Wale)
- Padmini Kolhapure....Maya
- Nilu Phule....Maya's Nana
- Jagdeep....Ganga Prasad
- Raju Shrestha....Chhottu
- Dina Pathak....Savitri (Anand's mom)
- Ashalata Wabgaonkar.....Maya's mother
- Suchita Trivedi....Dr. Anand's daughter (child artist)
- Satish Kaushik....Kishan (flower seller)
- "Pyar Kiya Nahi Jata Ho Jata Hai" – Lata Mangeshkar, Shabbir Kumar
- "Anari Ka Khelna Khel Ka Satiyanas" – Asha Bhosle
- "Kangana Oye Hoye Kangana" – Lata Mangeshkar, Shabbir Kumar
- "Mere Dil Se Dillagi Na Kar, Dil Dhadk Gaya Toh Kya Hoga" – Anuradha Paudwal, Kishore Kumar
- "Payaliya" – Suresh Wadkar, Kavita Krishnamurthy