Wise Up (TV programme)
Wise Up is a British factual children's television programme broadcast for nine series on Sunday mornings between 1995 and 2000 on Channel 4 (UK) and T4. It was produced by Carlton Productions, and was directed by Martin Wallace. As well as reports, there were also regular features such as a feature called Knowing Me, Knowing You. It was similar to a BBC programme called Ipso Facto.
In December 1999 there was an hour-long special called Wise Up: Teenagers On The Line in which a 15-year-old girl travelled from London to Paris and Bamako, Mali to explore teenage life in different countries each on the Greenwich Meridian Line.
The programme led to the formation of Wised Up Productions involving Mick Robertson and Simon Morris. Morris did not contribute to Wise Up, though he did contribute to the catalogue of programmes produced by Wised Up Productions.
As part of the 25th Anniversary of Channel 4, Wise Up was featured in Radio Times.
Awards and nominations
|BAFTA||Nominated for Best Children’s Programme – factual||Children’s factual||Children’s factual||Nominated for Best Children’s Programme – factual|
|Emmy Award||Children & Young people||Children & Young people||Children & Young people|
|Prix Europa||Television Programme of the Year 1995 – Youth Category||SPECIAL COMMENDATIONS – Youth Category:|
|Royal Television Society||Factual|
- Archived 3 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- Help me?! old 90's tv shows name!?. Forums.doyouremember.co.uk. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- BFI | Film & TV Database | IPSO FACTO. Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- sausageNet Nostalgia Forums – Ipso facto. Sausagenet.org (15 January 2007). Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- "Teenagers on the Line A Wise up Special (1999)". Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- Morris, Simon. (2007-08-09) Simon Morris-Producer: Nickelodeon-Bullying Special (BAFTA nominated). Simonmorris.blogspot.com. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- Mick Robertson - Exec Producer Wise Up. Mick Robertson Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- BFI | Film & TV Database | WISE UP. Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved on 20 October 2011.
- "BAFTA Awards". awards.bafta.org. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "Radio Times - Channel 4's 25th Birthday". 15 July 2007. Archived from the original on 15 July 2007. Retrieved 8 October 2018.