The Wisconsin Herd are an American professional basketball team of the NBA G League as an affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Based in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, the Herd play their home games at Menominee Nation Arena.
|League||NBA G League|
|Arena||Menominee Nation Arena|
|Team colors||Good Land green, Cream City cream, Great Lakes blue, black, white|
|Team manager||Dave Dean|
|Head coach||Chase Buford|
On June 29, 2016, it was announced that the Milwaukee Bucks were seeking to purchase an expansion team in the then-NBA Development League, listing their five finalist cities as Grand Chute, La Crosse, Oshkosh, Racine and Sheboygan. On August 3, it was announced that Grand Chute and La Crosse had been eliminated, with Oshkosh, Racine and Sheboygan as the three finalists.
On December 19, Oshkosh city officials identified the former site of the Buckstaff Furniture Company as the site for their arena proposal for the team, with the Fox Valley Pro Basketball group submitting a bid to the city's planning commission on January 11. The Planning Commission approved it on January 19, with the Oshkosh Common Council approving it on January 24, conditional on the Bucks choosing Oshkosh as their home.
On February 7, 2017, the Milwaukee Business Journal reported that the Bucks had chosen Oshkosh's bid, with the team making the official announcement on February 8.
On June 8, the Wisconsin Herd name was announced, with the logo unveiled on June 22. Team president Steve Brandes remarked, "The Wisconsin Herd is so much more than a team name; it's a brand that embodies a group of players fighting to join the Milwaukee Bucks, along with an excited fan base ready to rally behind Wisconsin's newest team." On July 1, 2017, Dave Dean was named the team's general manager On September 22, 2017, the Wisconsin Herd announced the coaching staff.
|Regular season record||33||67||.330|
Wisconsin Herd roster
|#||Head coach||Term||Regular season||Playoffs||Achievements|
- Milwaukee Bucks (2017–present)
- pgoran (June 22, 2017). "Wisconsin Herd Unveils New Visual Identity". Wisconsin.GLeague.NBA.com. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
Good Land Green, Cream City Cream and Great Lakes Blue are the Herd's color palette, which is utilized to further tie the team's identity to its parent club
- "Logos". Wisconsin.GLeague.NBA.com. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. June 22, 2017. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- "Wisconsin Herd Reproduction Guideline Sheet". NBA Properties, Inc. July 6, 2017. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- Beck, Nate (August 3, 2016). "In D-League race, Grand Chute, La Crosse are out". Oshkosh Northwestern. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- Ronallo, Alex (December 19, 2016). "Oshkosh moves forward with Bucks D-League plans". WLUK-TV. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Oshkosh Common Council approves Bucks D-League arena plans". WLUK-TV. January 24, 2017. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- Kirchen, Rich (February 7, 2017). "Bucks select Oshkosh as home for new Development League team". Milwaukee Business Journal. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Milwaukee Bucks Purchase NBA Development League Team". NBA.com/Bucks. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. February 8, 2017. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Oshkosh basketball team's nickname to be announced next week". WLUK-TV. June 2, 2017. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Wisconsin Herd Selected as Team Name for Bucks' NBA D-League Franchise". NBA.com/Bucks. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. June 8, 2017. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- Price, Kelly (July 1, 2017). "Bucks name Wisconsin Herd general manager". WGBA-TV. Retrieved July 6, 2017.
- "Wisconsin Herd Finalizes Inaugural Coaching Staff". Wisconsin.GLeague.NBA.com. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. September 22, 2017. Retrieved September 22, 2017.