Winter Springs, Florida
Winter Springs is a city in Seminole County, Florida, United States. The population was 33,282 at the 2010 census. According to the 2018 Census Bureau estimates, the city has a population of 37,321. It is part of the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford Metropolitan Statistical Area.
|Winter Springs, Florida|
|Coordinates: 28°41′36″N 81°16′44″W|
|• Mayor||Charles Lacey|
|• City manager||Kevin L. Smith|
|• Total||14.80 sq mi (38.34 km2)|
|• Land||14.67 sq mi (38.00 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.34 km2)|
|Elevation||52 ft (16 m)|
|• Density||2,426.32/sq mi (936.78/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||407 321|
|GNIS feature ID||0287843|
|Website||City of Winter Springs|
Awards and press
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 31,666 people, 11,774 households, and 8,901 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,207.3 inhabitants per square mile (852.0/km²). There were 12,306 housing units at an average density of 857.8 per square mile (331.1/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 88.73% White, 4.59% African American, 0.19% Native American, 1.94% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 2.52% from other races, and 1.99% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.52% of the population. There is a Jewish community.
There were 11,774 households out of which 38.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.2% were married couples living together, 11.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.4% were non-families. 18.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.08.
In the city the population was spread out with 27.0% under the age of 18, 7.3% from 18 to 24, 29.4% from 25 to 44, 25.4% from 45 to 64, and 10.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females, there were 94.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.2 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $58,247, and the median income for a family was $75,682. Males had a median income of $64,716 versus $39,720 for females. The per capita income for the city was $26,166. About 3.3% of families and 4.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 4.5% of those under age 18 and 4.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Action Church
- Church Alive
- Life Community Church
- Metro Church
- St. Stephen Catholic Community
- Willow Creek Presbyterian Church of America
- New Covenant Church
- Fellowship Church of Winter Springs
- Temple Israel
- Rosh Chodesh Society
The City of Winter Springs has seven public schools and many private schools located within its city borders. While not within the city of Winter Springs, University of Central Florida and Full Sail are close to the community.
- Rainbow Elementary
- Keeth Elementary
- Layer Elementary
- Highlands Elementary
- Winter Springs Elementary
- Choices in Learning Elementary Charter School
- Primrose School of Winter Springs (Preschool-K)
- Creative Inspiration Journey School (Preschool-K)
- Arbor School of Central Florida (K-12, a special education school)
- Willow School of Winter Springs (grades 2-12, for students with learning disorders)
- AJ Cole, Washington Nationals, MLB
- Caskey, rapper
- Ocky Clark, track and field Olympian coaches at Winter Springs.
- Kirby Grant, actor
- Kawika Mitchell, pro football player was born in Winter Springs and attended Lake Howell High School.
- Zachary "Sneaky" Scuderi, professional AD Carry in the MOBA League of Legends.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 7, 2017.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2014-09-10.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Winter Springs Florida City Guide". FloridaSmart. 2019-05-16. Retrieved 2019-06-17.
- Money Magazine, August 2011, CNN's Money Magazine, retrieved 2011-08-20
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "New Art & Soul course takes women through the arts". Fern Park, FL. Heritage Florida Jewish News. October 23, 2015.
- Belanger, Ashley. "Baking with Caskey Orlando rapper cooks up a video that gets him signed to Cash Money records". Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- Ruiz, Stephen (21 November 2014). "Winter Springs coach starts walk to Tallahassee". Retrieved 22 March 2016.
http://www.epochlegacies.org/content/kirby-grant-hoon-jr. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Winter Springs, Florida.|