Kinwolmarsh was appointed as Provost of Beverley Minster during 1419, followed by the position of Deputy Treasurer of England (1417–1421), and the royal household's Lord High Treasurer, a position that he held for only one week before his death.
He had been appointed by the widowed Lucia, Countess of Kent as a deputy to regulate her dower. He was given a role in the visit to France of Queen Catherine of Valois. In the reign of Henry IV, Kinwolmarsh was Dean of St-Martins le-Grand. He is noted as particularly active in fulfilling his duties as a royal councillor and administrator .
- nationalarchives.gov.uk Special Collections: Ancient Petitions [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
- James Joseph Sheahan, T. Whellan (the University of Wisconsin - Madison) + books.google.co.uk website History and topography of the city of York: the Ainsty wapentake; and the East Riding of Yorkshire; embracing a general review of the early history of Great Britain, and a general history and description of the county of York, Volume 2 (Google eBook) Printed by J. Green, 1856 [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
- Ernest Fraser Jacob books.google.co.uk Essays in later medieval history (223 pages) Manchester University Press ND, 1968 ISBN 0-7190-0304-0 [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
- Crown copyright and The History of Parliament Trust 1964-2011 historyofparliamentonline.org website [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
- George Oliver (the University of Wisconsin - Madison) + books.google.co.uk website The history and antiquities of the town and minster of Beverley, in the county of York, from the most early period: with historical and descriptive sketches of the abbeys of Watton and Meaux, the convent of Haltemprise, the villages of Cottingham, Leckonfield, Bishop and Cherry Burton, Walkington, Risby, Scorburgh, and the hamlets comprised within the liberties of Beverley (Google eBook)(575 pages) Printed and sold by M. Turner, 1829 [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
- http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/KingListsBritain/EnglandParliament.htm#Lancaster Lancastrian Parliament] The History Files [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
- A. L. Brown (University of Glasgow) scholar.google.com Transactions of the Royal Historical Society (Fifth Series) 19 : pp 95-118 Copyright © Royal Historical Society 1969 doi:10.2307/3678741 Published online: 12 February 2009 [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
- J.L.Kirby oxforddnb.com website Oxford Dictionary of National Biography published 2004 [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
- docs.google.com [Retrieved 2011-12-17]
| Lord High Treasurer