William Hunt (priest)
He was educated at Harrow School and Trinity College, Oxford. He was vicar of Congresbury, Somerset from 1867 to 1882, and then went to London as a reviewer and contributor to the Dictionary of National Biography. He was President of the Royal Historical Society from 1905 to 1909.
- The Somerset Diocese, Bath and Wells (1885)
- The English Church in the Middle Ages (1888)
- The English Church, 597-1066 (1899), the first volume in a series of which he was editor
- the tenth volume of Political History of England (1905–07), of which he was joint editor with R. Lane-Poole
- The Irish Parliament (1907), edited from a contemporary manuscript.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:|
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Hunt, William (1842–1931), historian and biographer by Robert W. Dunning.
George Walter Prothero
| President of the Royal Historical Society