William Greene (economist)
William H. Greene
|Born||January 16, 1951|
|Institution||New York University|
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin–Madison|
Ohio State University
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
In 1972 Green graduated with a Bachelor of Science in business administration from Ohio State University. He also earned a master's degree (1974) and a Ph.D. (1976) in econometrics from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Before accepting his position in NYU, Green worked as a consultant for the Civil Aeronautics Board in Washington, D.C.
Greene is the author of a popular graduate-level econometrics textbook: Econometric Analysis, which has run to 8th edition as of 2017. He is the founding editor-in-chief of Foundations and Trends in Econometrics journal.
- Greene, William H. (1981). "On the Asymptotic Bias of the Ordinary Least Squares Estimator of the Tobit Model". Econometrica. 49 (2): 505–513. doi:10.2307/1913323. JSTOR 1913323.
- Greene, William H. (1980). "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions". Journal of Econometrics. 13 (1): 27–56. doi:10.1016/0304-4076(80)90041-X.
- Christensen, Laurits R.; Greene, William H. (1976). "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation". Journal of Political Economy. 84 (4): 655–676. doi:10.1086/260470. JSTOR 1831326.
- Economics, -Professor of. "NYU Stern - William Greene - Professor of Economics". www.stern.nyu.edu. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- Trivedi, Pravin K. (1991). "Book Review: Econometric Analysis". Econometric Theory. 7 (1): 132–138. doi:10.1017/S0266466600004278.
- Bera, Anil K. (1994). "Book Review: Econometric Analysis". Journal of the American Statistical Association. 89 (428): 1567–1569. doi:10.1080/01621459.1994.10476896.
- "Now Publishers - Foundations and Trends in Econometrics". www.nowpublishers.com. Retrieved 2019-02-18.