River mouth at Retmański Bridge
|⁃ location||Raciborsko, Lesser Poland Voivodeship|
|⁃ elevation||370 m (1,210 ft)|
|Kraków, Lesser Poland Voivodeship|
|198.9 m (653 ft)|
|Length||25 km (16 mi)|
|Basin size||101.1 km (62.8 mi)|
|⁃ average||1.3 m3/s (46 cu ft/s)|
|Progression||Vistula→ Baltic Sea|
The sources are at 370 metres (1,210 ft) elevation in Raciborsko village, Wieliczka County in the Wieliczka Foothills. The river drains the Wieliczka Foothills and its mains, mainly built of Flysch works. The river is heavily meandering, regulated in Kraków, up to 1.2 kilometres (0.75 mi) from the estuary protected by levees. Severely polluted, especially on the estuarian section Wilga is classified in the lower grades of water quality.
Right at the mouth of the river is the Retmański Bridge.
- General Geodesic Office of Poland. "Wilga on the Polish Infrastructure Information map portal". Retrieved 2017-09-01.
- National Water Management Board. "Wilga on the map portal of the National Water Management Board (search result)". Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- General Geodesic Office of Poland. "Geographical nomenclature of Poland. Volume 1. Hydronyms. Part 1. Flowing water, springs, waterfalls" (PDF) (in Polish). p. 314. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- Regional Conservation Authority in Krakow. "Surface waters assessment of 2015" (PDF) (in Polish). Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Marta Wardas-Lasoń (18 November 2014). "The Influence of Sewage System on the Functioning and Quality of Krakow's Watercourses". Journal of Geological Research. Krakow: Hindawi. 2014: 1–13. doi:10.1155/2014/910982.