White on White (album)
White on White is the fourth studio album by Australian pop/rock singer-songwriter, Brian Cadd. It was released in 1976 via Capitol Records with Robert Appère producing. White on White peaked at number 93 in the Australian Kent Music Report album charts.
|White on White|
|Studio album by|
|Brian Cadd chronology|
|Singles from Moonshine|
Cadd arrived in Los Angeles in 1975 and began working on an album with Chelsea Records, but the company was forced into redundancy and Cadd lost his record deal. He signed with Capitol Records shortly after. This was his first major label signing. The album's cover contains the words written on a white background with toothpaste.
Alex Henderson from AllMusic rated the album at two-and-a-half stars out-of five; he explained, "Favoring an approach that is somewhere between Elton John and Billy Joel, Cadd delivers an album that is generally decent but not mind-blowing. 'All in the Way (That They Use My Face),' 'White on White Eldorado,' and 'W.C. I See' are pleasant, catchy numbers, although one senses that Cadd was capable of more. In 1976, Capitol hoped that people who were into Elton John, Randy Newman and Billy Joel would get into Cadd as well. But White on White wasn't the hit that Cadd was hoping for."
All tracks written by Brian Cadd.
- "Little White Lies" - 3:19
- "No Answer" - 3:24
- "Heavenly Night in September" - 3:31
- "Good Night Princess" - 4:15
- "Pass on the Road" - 4:34
- "All in the Way (That They Use My Face)" - 3:09
- "White on White Eldorado" - 3:17
- "Ginger Man" - 3:26
- "W.C. I See" - 4:20
- "Dance, Dance, Dance" - 4:19
- "Longest Night" - 5:46
|Australian Kent Music Report Albums Chart||93|
- Brian Cadd – vocals, piano
- Buzz Clifford, Carmen Twillie, Danny Moore, Kathy Collier, Mathew Moore, Peter Beckett, Steve Kipner, Jennette Gloud – backing vocals
- Dee Murray – bass guitar
- Nigel Olsson – drums
- Richie Zito, Steve Cropper, Ben Benay – guitar, banjo, jew's harp
- Chuck Findley, Dick Hyde, Jackie Kelso, Jim Horn – horns
- Billy Payne, William Smith – keyboards
- Sneaky Pete – pedal steel guitar
- Gary Coleman – percussion
- Cadd, Brian (2010). From This Side of Things (1st ed.). New Holland. p. 292. ISBN 9781742570570.
- David Kent (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970-1992. St Ives, New South Wales: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- Cadd, Brian (2010). From This Side of Things. Australia. pp. 173–175. ISBN 978-1-74257-057-0.
- Henderson, Alex. "White on White by Brian Cadd". AllMusic. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- David Kent's "Australian Chart Book 1970-1992" Archived 5 March 2016[Date mismatch] at the Wayback Machine