What a Widow!
|What a Widow!|
|Directed by||Allan Dwan|
|Produced by||Gloria Swanson|
Joseph P. Kennedy
|Screenplay by||James Gleason|
|Story by||Josephine Lovett|
|Music by||Hugo Felix|
|Edited by||Viola Lawrence|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
The film was produced by Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr. It received generally positive reviews and was noted for its animated title sequence created by William Dietz, but was met with lukewarm returns at the box office.
- Gloria Swanson as Tamarind Brook
- Owen Moore as Gerry Morgan
- Lew Cody as Victor
- Margaret Livingston as Valli
- William Holden as Mr. Lodge
- Herbert Braggiotti as Jose Alvarado
- Gregory Gaye as Baslikoff
- Adrienne D'Ambricourt as Paulette
- Nella Walker as Marquise
- Daphne Pollard as Masseuse
- Reginald Sharland (uncredited)
- Shearer, Stephen Michael; Basinger, Jeanine (2013). Gloria Swanson: The Ultimate Star. Macmillan. p. 445. ISBN 1-250-01366-6.
- (Shearer 2013, pp. 1673–1674)
- Lombardi, Frederic (2013). Allan Dwan and the Rise and Decline of the Hollywood Studios. McFarland. p. 180. ISBN 0-786-43485-6.
- Catalog of Holdings The American Film Institute Collections and The United Artist Collections at The Library of Congress [trailer only]. p. 206. c.1978 by the American Film Institute
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to What a Widow.|
- What a Widow! on IMDb
- Synopsis at AllMovie
- Stills at Glorious Gloria Swanson website
- Still at gettyimages.com