What a Man! (1938 film)
What a Man! is a 1938 British comedy film directed by Edmond T. Gréville and starring Sydney Howard, Vera Pearce and John Singer. It was made at Beaconsfield Studios in September.
|What a Man!|
|Directed by||Edmond T. Gréville|
|Produced by||Hugh Perceval|
|Written by||Jack Marks |
|Starring||Sydney Howard |
|Music by||Walter Goehr|
|Edited by||Ray Pitt|
Independent Film Producers
|Distributed by||British Lion|
The film's art direction was by Norman G. Arnold.
- Sydney Howard as Samuel Pennyfeather
- Vera Pearce as Emily Pennyfeather
- John Singer as Harold Bull
- H.F. Maltby as Sergeant Bull
- Ivor Barnard as Mayor
- Jenny Laird as Daisy Pennyfeather
- Robert Adair as Lord Bromwich
- Frederick Bradshaw as Walter Walkeling
- Frank Cochrane as Simpkins
- Francesca Bahrle
- Sybil Grove
- Alfred Wellesley
- Wood, Linda (2006) . British Films, 1927-1939 (PDF) (republished ed.). London: British Film Institute. p. 92. Retrieved 12 November 2019.
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
- What a Man! on IMDb
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.