Western Illinois Leathernecks baseball
The Western Illinois Leathernecks baseball team is the varsity intercollegiate baseball program of Western Illinois University in Macomb, Illinois, United States. The program's first season was in 1948, and it has been a member of the NCAA Division I Summit League since the start of the 1985 season. Its home venue is Alfred D. Boyer Stadium, located on Western Illinois's campus. Andy Pascoe is the team's head coach starting in the 2020 season. The program has appeared in 0 NCAA Tournaments ad the Division I level. It has won zero conference tournament championships and 0 regular season conference titles. As of the start of the 2018 Major League Baseball season, 3 former Leathernecks have appeared in Major League Baseball.
|Western Illinois Leathernecks|
|Conference history||Interstate Intercollegiate Athletic (1948–1970)|
|University||Western Illinois University|
|Athletic director||Matt Tanney|
|Head coach||Andy Pascoe (1st season)|
|Home stadium||Alfred D. Boyer Stadium |
|Colors||Purple and Gold|
|NCAA Tournament appearances|
|NAIA: 1957, 1968, 1969, 1970|
NCAA DII: 1965, 1974, 1978
The program's first season of play was 1948. On September 19, 2019, Andy Pascoe was named the seventh head coach in Leathernecks history.
Alfred D. Boyer Stadium
The stadium opened on May 6, 2006 and has a seating capacity of 500. The stadium is named for Alfred D. Boyer, Western Illinois Class of 1972, whose $150,000 donation allowed the facility to be built. The venue features a press box, chairback seating, a Daktronics scoreboard, and 60-foot long dugouts.
Western Illinois's longest tenured head coach was Dick Pawlow, who has coached the team from 1970 to 1998, winning 545 games.
Current coaching staff
- Head coach – Andy Pascoe
- Assistant coach – Vacant
- Graduate assistant coach – Vacant
- Volunteer assistant – Vacant
Notable former players
Below is a list of notable former Leathernecks and the seasons in which they played for Western Illinois.
- Western Illinois Leathernecks Athletics 2017–18 Branding & Style Guidelines (PDF). July 11, 2017. Retrieved August 28, 2017.
- "Andy Pascoe named Western Illinois Head Baseball Coach". www.goleathernecks.com. Western Illinois University. September 21, 2019. Retrieved September 21, 2019.
- "Alfred D. Boyer Stadium". Go Leathernecks. Archived from the original on November 11, 2013. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "Alfred D. Boyer Bio". Go Leathernecks. Archived from the original on January 24, 2013. Retrieved February 3, 2012.