Western Circus (Lucky Luke)
Western Circus is a Lucky Luke comic written by Goscinny and illustrated by Morris. It was originally published in French by Dargaud in the year 1970 . English editions of this French series have been published by Dargaud.
|Lucky Luke #36 |
Cover of the English edition
|Date of publication||1970|
|Preceded by||Tortillas for the Daltons|
|Followed by||The Rivals of Painful Gulch|
The proprietor of the Western Circus has been modeled after actor W.C. Fields.
Zilch, rich organizer of a great annual rodeo, sees in the arrival of the Western Circus a harmful competition. He hires Rattlesnake Joe, a hit man, to put an end to it. In the end, the villainous Zilch and the kind director of the circus become partners and make a successful tour of Europe.
- Zilch: The owner of the rodeo
- Erasmus Mulligan: Owner of the circus.
- Vanessa Mulligan: the owner's wife, a trapeze artist.
- Daphne Mulligan: daughter of the owner, a knife thrower.
- Zippy Kilroy (Zip): the owner's son-in-law, a clown.
- Andy: An Indian elephant.
- Nestor: A one-eyed lion who is always calm, except when nervous.
- Morris publications in Spirou BDoubliées (in French)