Wesley Township, Will County, Illinois
Wesley Township is located in Will County, Illinois. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,241 and it contained 891 housing units. Wesley Township was formed from the south-eastern part of Wilmington Township in 1846. Wesley, Illinois was the setting for a murder in the 1966 mystery fiction book "Deadline" by Thomas B. Dewey
Location in Will County
|• Supervisor||Mike Medlin|
|• Total||28.52 sq mi (73.9 km2)|
|• Land||27.85 sq mi (72.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.67 sq mi (1.7 km2) 2.35%|
|• Density||80.5/sq mi (31.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
- Wilmington Community School District 209-U
- Manteno Community School District Unit 5
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.52 square miles (73.9 km2), of which 27.85 square miles (72.1 km2) (or 97.65%) is land and 0.67 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 2.35%) is water.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Township Website
- Will County Historical Society
- Township Map
- Will County Official Site
- Illinois State Archives