Church of St Mary and St Peter
|OS grid reference||TQ540809|
|• Charing Cross||14.8 mi (23.8 km) E|
|Ceremonial county||Greater London|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|# no census was held due to war|
|source: UK census|
The Wennington parish formed part of Romford Rural District from 1894 to 1934. During that period Wennington had a parish council. Following a county review order in 1934 Wennington became part of Hornchurch Urban District and the parish council was abolished. In 1965, Hornchurch Urban District was abolished, and Wennington became part of the London Borough of Havering in Greater London.
Wennington forms part of the Rainham and Wennington ward of Havering.
The village of Wennington is south east of Rainham, along Wennington Road (B1335) near the junction of the A13 road and New Road (A1306). It is about 2 km (over 1 mile) north of the River Thames. It consists of mostly scattered houses and the Wennington Hall farmhouse. The village population is around 300.
Culture and community
Wennington Rovers football club is managed by J Smith after Craig Hosler retired and was inducted into the Football Hall of Fame. They play their home games at Spring Farm Park, Rainham.