Wendy McElroy (born 1951) is a Canadian individualist feminist and anarcho-capitalist writer. She was a co-founder along with Carl Watner and George H. Smith of The Voluntaryist magazine in 1982 and is the author of a number of books. McElroy is the editor of the website ifeminists.net.
|Born||1951 (age 67–68)|
In November 2014, McElroy was scheduled to debate Jessica Valenti at a Brown University Janus Forum debate on "How Should Colleges Handle Sexual Assault?". Before the debate, Brown President Christina Paxson sent out a campus-wide e-mail saying she disagreed with McElroy's views. Also, Paxson setup an alternative event at the same time. The actions of Brown students and Paxson were criticized by various commentators.
- National Identification Systems: Essays in Opposition, by Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy, January 1, 2004 ISBN 0-7864-1595-9
- Debates of Liberty: An Overview of Individualist Anarchism, 1881–1908, February 1, 2003 ISBN 0-7391-0473-X
- Liberty for Women: Freedom and Feminism in the Twenty-First Century. Chicago: Ivan R. Dee. 2002. ISBN 978-1566634359. OCLC 260069067.
- Sexual Correctness: The Gender-Feminist Attack on Women, June 2001
- Dissenting Electorate: Those Who Refuse to Vote and the Legitimacy of Their Opposition by Carl Watner, Wendy McElroy, January 1, 2001
- Individualist Feminism of the Nineteenth Century: Collected Writings and Biographical Profiles, January 1, 2001
- Queen Silver: The Godless Girl (Women's Studies (Amherst, N.Y.), Queen Selections Silver, December 1, 1999 – about her friend Queen Selections Silver.
- Freedom, Feminism, and the State by Wendy McElroy, Lewis Perry, February 1, 1999
- The Reasonable Woman: A Guide to Intellectual Survival, April 1, 1998
- XXX: A Woman's Right to Pornography Prelude Press, 1995, ISBN 0-312-13626-9
- Liberty, 1881–1908: A Comprehensive Index, January 1982
- Contributor (2008). Hamowy, Ronald (ed.). The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Cato Institute. doi:10.4135/9781412965811. ISBN 978-1-4129-6580-4. LCCN 2008009151. OCLC 750831024. Missing or empty
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Feminism and Women's Rights". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. pp. 173–76. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n106. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Godwin, William (1756–1836)". Godwin, William (1856–1836). p. 211. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n126. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Price, Richard (1723–1791)". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. pp. 388–89. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n240. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Voltaire (1694–1778)". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. p. 523. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n319. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Voluntarism". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. p. 524. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n320. ISBN 9781412965804.
- McElroy, Wendy (2008). "Wollstonecraft, Mary (1759–1797)". The Encyclopedia of Libertarianism. pp. 545–46. doi:10.4135/9781412965811.n331. ISBN 9781412965804.
- "ifeminists.com > about". ifeminists.net.
- Reviewed in:
- Presley, Sharon (July 11, 2016). "A Review of Rape Culture Hysteria: Fixing the Damage Done to Men and Women". Libertarianism.org. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Beaver, William (Fall 2016). "Book Review". The Independent Review. 21 (2). Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Shaw, Jane S. "Is There Really a Rape Culture on Our Campuses?". The James G. Martin Center for Academic Renewal. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Brandfield-Harvey, Camilla; Kelly, Caroline (November 17, 2014). "Janus Forum sexual assault event sparks controversy". The Brown Daily Herald. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Saffron, Jesse (November 20, 2014). "An Intellectual Cocoon". National Review. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Summers, Adam B. (April 1, 2015). "The macroagression of shutting down debate". The Orange County Register. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Shulevitz, Judith (May 21, 2015). "In College and Hiding From Scary Ideas [Opinion]". The New York Times. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Courtland, Shane (February 19, 2018). "Protecting speech on college campuses is essential to the pursuit of knowledge". The State Journal. Clarksburg, WV: WVNews.com. Retrieved April 11, 2018.