Weddings Are Wonderful
Weddings Are Wonderful is a 1938 British comedy film directed by Maclean Rogers and starring June Clyde, Esmond Knight and René Ray. It was made at Walton Studios.
|Weddings Are Wonderful|
|Directed by||Maclean Rogers|
|Produced by||George Smith|
|Written by||Douglas Hoare (play) |
Sydney Blow (play)
|Starring||June Clyde |
|Music by||Harris Weston|
|Edited by||Daniel Birt|
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
|21 September 1938|
When she discovers that he has been cut off by his father without a penny, the gold-digging singer Cora Sutherland abandons her fiancée Guy Rogers. However the same night he meets and falls in love with a young woman, Betty Leadbetter, who has taken shelter in his flat after escaping from a raid on a gambling club. Guy must persuade her strait-laced mother to allow them to marry while trying to fend off Cora who has heard about the relationship and sports an opportunity for blackmail.
- June Clyde as Cora Sutherland
- Esmond Knight as Guy Rogers
- René Ray as Betty Leadbetter
- Frederick Lloyd as Mr. Leadbetter
- Bertha Belmore as Mrs. Leadbetter
- Bruce Seton as John Smith
- Anthony Holles as Adolph
- George Carney as Rogers
- Eliot Makeham as Minor role
- Muriel George as Betty's maid
- Wood p.99
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.