Wauponsee Township, Grundy County, Illinois
Location in Grundy County
Grundy County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 41°19′16″N 88°25′08″W|
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||27.98 sq mi (72.5 km2)|
|• Land||26.79 sq mi (69.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.19 sq mi (3.1 km2) 4.25%|
|Elevation||551 ft (168 m)|
|• Density||90.4/sq mi (34.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 27.98 square miles (72.5 km2), of which 26.79 square miles (69.4 km2) (or 95.75%) is land and 1.19 square miles (3.1 km2) (or 4.25%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Morris (south edge)
- Bradley Subdivision at 41.333921°N 88.457568°W
- Claypool at 41.345865°N 88.387289°W
- Claypool Woods at 41.344199°N 88.400067°W
- Gaslight Village at 41.34531°N 88.393678°W
- Lori-Sue Subdivision at 41.338365°N 88.3959°W
- Paytonville at 41.336699°N 88.431179°W
- Pebble Beach at 41.339476°N 88.400067°W
- Pine Grove at 41.339476°N 88.404511°W
- Pine Meadow Estates at 41.341421°N 88.413400°W
- Richards Park at 41.336699°N 88.424234°W
- Van Peterson Subdivision at 41.336976°N 88.4009°W
- Willow Ridge at 41.338365°N 88.423956°W
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Sample Cemetery.
- Coal City Community Unit School District 1
Morris High School and Morris Elementary School District
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- "Wauponsee Township, Grundy County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.