Washington Township, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
Location in Tippecanoe County
|Coordinates: 40°30′28″N 86°44′43″W|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||27.03 sq mi (70.0 km2)|
|• Land||26.66 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.38 sq mi (1.0 km2) 1.41%|
|Elevation||640 ft (195 m)|
|• Density||91.2/sq mi (35.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||454021|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 27.03 square miles (70.0 km2), of which 26.66 square miles (69.0 km2) (or 98.63%) is land and 0.38 square miles (0.98 km2) (or 1.41%) is water.
- Americus at 40.5258695°N 86.7580635°W
- Buck Creek at 40.4878136°N 86.7613963°W
- Colburn at 40.5186472°N 86.7130616°W
- Delp at 40.4894798°N 86.8091753°W
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Americus, Cunningham, Hollywood and North Union.
- Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 41
- State Senate District 07
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.