The Washington Lions were a professional ice hockey team based in Washington, D.C. They were founded as a member of the American Hockey League in the 1941–42 season. The Lions played for two seasons and then disbanded during World War II. Another Washington Lions team played in the Eastern Hockey League from 1944–47. The AHL Lions were resurrected in 1947. Following the 1948–49 season, the team was relocated to Cincinnati, Ohio as the Cincinnati Mohawks. The void was filled by a second team of the same name playing in the Eastern Hockey League, from 1951–53, and 1954–57, who later became the Washington Presidents, when purchased by Harry Glynne III, and Jerry DeLise.
|League||American Hockey League|
|Home arena||Uline Arena|
|1941–1943||Washington Lions (AHL)|
|1947–1949||Washington Lions (AHL)|
|1951–1957||Washington Lions (EHL)|
|1957–1960||Washington Presidents (EHL)|
American Hockey League
|Season||1st round||2nd round||Finals|
|1941–42||L, 0-2, Cleveland||—||—|
|1942–43||Out of playoffs|
|1947–48||Out of playoffs|
|1948–49||Out of playoffs|
Eastern Hockey League
- "BLADES ARE SET FOR WASHINGTON". Bridgeport Telegram. Bridgeport, Connecticut. October 30, 1957. p. 24.