Warroad High School
|Warroad High School|
510 Cedar Avenue
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||A Continuing tradition of Academic, Athletic, and Arts Excellence!|
|School district||Warroad Public School District|
|NCES District ID||2741850|
|NCES School ID||274185001745|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.32:1|
|Campus type||Rural: Remote|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Athletics conference||Mariucci (hockey)|
21% of Warroad students participate in the school's Advanced Placement (AP) program and have a 63% pass rate. The school has a 63% AP exam pass rate.
The Warroad Warriors are a part of the Northwest Conference of the Minnesota State High School League for most sports. For football they are a member of the Heart O'Lakes - Classic Conference. The following varsity sports teams are sanction by Warroad High School:"
- Cross Country
- Swimming - Girls'
- Hockey - Boys'
- Hockey - Girls'
- Basketball - Boys'
- Basketball - Girls'
- Golf - Boys'
- Golf - Girls'
- Track and Field
Warroad hockey teams are part of the hockey only Mariucci Conference. The Warriors boys hockey team has won the Class A state hockey tournaments in 1994, 1996, 2003, and 2005. They have also made 10 appearances at the state finals as well as 21 overall tournament appearances.
The Warriors girls hockey team won back-to-back state titles in 2010 and 2011. They have participated and placed in the Minnesota state tournament seven times since 2006.
- Knowledge Bowl
- National Honor Society
- One-Act Play
- Student Council
As of the 2011–2012 school year, Warroad was 82% white, 9% American Indian, 8% Asian, 1% Hispanic, 0% Black, 0% Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders, and .2% two or more races. 21% of student were eligible for the Free Lunch Program and 8% were eligible for the Reduced-Price Lunch Program.
- Roger Christian — US Olympic hockey team
- Bill Christian (Class of 1956) — US Olympic hockey team
- Henry Boucha (Class of 1969) — 1972 US Olympic hockey team, NHL player
- Alan Hangsleben (Class of 1971) — US National hockey team, NHL player
- Dave Christian (Class of 1977) — 1980 US Olympic hockey team, NHL player
- Gigi Marvin (Class of 2005) — US women's Olympic hockey team
- TJ Oshie (Class of 2005) (transferred sophomore year) — Current Washington Capitals and United States men's national ice hockey team forward
- Brock Nelson (Class of 2009) — NHL player
- "WARROAD HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- The Associated Press. "Oshie is latest Success Story from Warroad Minn". WCCO, CBS local.
- "Test Scores". US News & World Report. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Warroad". MNHockeyHub. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- "Warroad High School Student Body". US News & World Report. Retrieved January 15, 2015.