Warrant Officer of the Air Force
Warrant Officer of the Air Force (WOFF-AF) is the most senior Warrant Officer in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). It is a singular appointment, being it is only held by one person at any time. The special insignia for the WOFF-AF is the Australian coat of arms with a wreath around it. The current Warrant Officer of the Air Force is Fiona Grasby.
|Warrant Officer of the|
Royal Australian Air Force
|Style||Warrant Officer of the Air Force (Warrant Officer)|
|Inaugural holder||Richard (Dick) Newton|
Based on the United States Air Force practice of appointing a Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, the WOFF-AF is responsible to the Chief of Air Force (CAF). The post was created by the then Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Barry Gration, in 1993 to provide a conduit between Air Force's senior leadership and the airman ranks.
|#||Name||Term began||Term ended||Notes|
|1||Richard (Dick) Newton||15 February 1993||1996|
|3||John Boydell||June 1999||2 August 2002|
|4||Peter Hall||2 August 2002||2005|
|6||John (JJ) Millar||16 December 2008||4 November 2011||Promoted to squadron leader on leaving post|
|7||Mark Pentreath||4 November 2011||1 December 2015|
|8||Robert Swanwick||1 December 2015||6 November 2019|
|9||Fiona Grasby||6 November 2019||Incumbent|
The WOFF-AF has some items that may be presented on occasion, such as the Challenge Coin.
- "Warrant Officer of the Air Force". Our People. RAAF. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Warrant Officer of the Air Force" (PDF). Oral History Program - Snippets: No.3. Office of Air Force History.
- "Our new WOFF". Air Force. 44 (11). June 2002. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Revved up for Retirement". Air Force. 44 (14). August 2002. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Last air mail for WOFF-AF" (PDF). Air Force. 50 (21): 2. November 2008.
- "New Warrant Officer of the Air Force". Media Release MSPA 404/08. Ministerial Support and Public Affairs, Department of Defence. 16 December 2008. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Was a great ride, but JJ now on to next challenge" (PDF). Air Force. 53 (22): 2. November 2011.
- "WOFF-AF new ground" (PDF). Air Force. 53 (22): 2. November 2011.