Walter Steyn is an Australian competitive freediver, freediving judge and freediving instructor. He has set 33 Australian national freediving records and currently holds six.
- 106 m (Constant Weight), 16 April 2011 at the Vertical Blue 2011 Competition at Dean's Blue Hole, Bahamas;
- 215 m (Dynamic With Fins), 15 August 2009 at the Ian Thorpe Aquatic centre, Sydney;
- 175 m (Dynamic No Fins), 14 August 2008 at the Wellington Winter Championships;
- 74 m (Constant weight no fins), 14 April 2011 at the Vertical Blue 2011 Competition at Dean's Blue Hole, Bahamas;
- 8:01 (Static), 6 May 2011 at Kona, Hawaii USA;
Steyn is an AIDA accredited freediving judge and has judged several international competitions and world record attempts.
- "Walter Steyn". apneamania.com. Retrieved 5 June 2009.