Walnut Beach is a beach located in Milford, Connecticut. It was founded in 1999.
From Walnut Beach you can see the island known as Charles Island. People are restricted to go inside of the " Forest Area" but they can walk around the shore and they must come back before high tide. Charles Island was founded in 1614 by Adriaen Block. It was used for a summer home, a yacht club, an amusement park, a submarine chaser base during World War 1 and a reformatory.
A short walk away you will find a boardwalk that stretches about two miles long throughout Silver Sands beach.
Things to do
In the summer months, Walnut Beach can reach highs into the upper 90 °F. Walnut beach has a record high temperature in the month of July which was 103 °F. However, in the winter, lows can get extremely cold. The coldest day on record was -7 °F in the month of January.
- "Milford Beach." Milford Resorts. N.p., n.d. Web.
- "Walnut Beach." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 05 Mar. 2017. Web. 05 Mar. 2017.
- "Charles Island, Milford." Damned Connecticut. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2017.
- "Milford CT |." Milford CT |. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Mar. 2017.
- "Welcome to Walnut Beach". www.walnutbeachassociation.com. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "Milford, CT Monthly Weather Forecast - weather.com". The Weather Channel. Retrieved 2017-04-25.