The Wagner Seahawks are composed of 23 teams representing Wagner College in intercollegiate athletics. Sports sponsored for both men and women are basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, tennis, track & field (both indoor and outdoor, which the NCAA classifies as two separate sports for each sex), and water polo. Sports sponsored only for men are baseball and football. Women-only sports are fencing, soccer, softball, swimming & diving, and triathlon, with field hockey to be added in the 2019–20 school year. The Seahawks compete in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and are members of the Northeast Conference for all sports except water polo, in which the women compete in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference and the men compete in the Collegiate Water Polo Association, and triathlon, in which all currently competing NCAA institutions are officially classified as independents.
|NCAA||Division I FCS|
|Athletic director||Walt Hameline|
|Location||Staten Island, New York|
|Varsity teams||23 (24 in 2019–20)|
|Football stadium||Hameline Field|
|Basketball arena||Spiro Sports Center|
|Baseball stadium||Richmond County Bank Ballpark|
|Colors||Green and White|
A member of the Northeast Conference, Wagner sponsors teams in 10 men's and 13 women's NCAA-sanctioned sports, with a 14th women's sport to be added in 2019–20.
|Men's sports||Women's sports|
|Football||Field hockey (from 2019–20)|
|Track & field||Softball|
|Water polo||Swimming & diving|
|Track & field|
- The field hockey team was launched as a club team in the 2018 season, with varsity status in 2019. Once the field hockey team is elevated to varsity status, it will play in the NEC alongside the bulk of the Seahawks' other sports.
- Track & field includes both the indoor and outdoor forms of the sport, which the NCAA classifies as two separate sports.
- Competes in the varsity division of the Collegiate Water Polo Association.
- Competes in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
- "Wagner Graphic Identity". Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- "Wagner Seahawks". wagnerathletics.com. Retrieved 2012-06-11.
- "Wagner Seahawks". Wagner College Athletics. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- "Wagner College To Add Women's Field Hockey" (Press release). Wagner Seahawks. January 18, 2018. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
- "Northeast Conference Re-Establishes Field Hockey Championship" (Press release). Northeast Conference. September 6, 2018. Retrieved September 15, 2018.