W. L. Warren
Wilfred Lewis Warren (24 August 1929 – 19 July 1994) was an historian of medieval England. Educated at Exeter College, Oxford, he worked as a professor of modern (post-classical) history and Dean of theology at the Queen's University, Belfast. His field of interest was Norman and Angevin England, on which he published several major works. In 1956 he received a doctorate in 14th-century English church history. He was fascinated by and well versed in Ulster politics.
- Warren, W. L. (2000) . Henry II. New Haven, Conn: Yale University Press. Back cover. ISBN 0-300-08474-9.
- Obituary of Professor W. L. Warren, The Times (London, England) 20 July 1994, Features 19
- Jupp, Peter (19 July 1994). "Obituary: Professor Lewis Warren". The Independent. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- "Wilfred Lewis Warren; Historian, 64". The New York Times. 24 July 1994. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- Hempton, David N. (1996). "Wilfrid Lewis Warren". Peritia. 10: 381–4. doi:10.1484/J.Peri.3.19.