Vladimir Morozov (swimmer)
Vladimir Viktorovich Morozov (Russian: Владимир Викторович Морозов; born 16 June 1992) is a Russian competitive swimmer and Olympic bronze medalist. He is the current world record holder in the 100-metre Individual Medley, Russian record-holder in the 50-meter backstroke (long course) and freestyle (short course and long course).
|Full name||Vladimir Viktorovich Morozov|
|Born||16 June 1992|
Novosibirsk Oblast, Russia
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Strokes||Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke|
|Club||Trojan Swim Club|
|College team||University of Southern California (U.S.)|
At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Morozov was as a member of the Russian 4x100-meter freestyle relay team, that placed third behind France and the United States. Swimming the third leg, Morozov has a split of 47.85.
Following the Olympics, Morozov competed at the 2012 European Short Course Championships and the 2012 World Short Course Championships held at the end of 2012. At the European Championships in Chartres, Morozov won seven medals including individual titles in the 100-meter freestyle and individual medley. At the World Championships in Istanbul, Morozov won gold in the 50- and 100-meter freestyle, and silver in the 4x100-meter medley relay. In the 50-meter freestyle, Morozov defeated Olympic champion Florent Manaudou and set the national record with a time of 20.55.
Personal bests (long course)
- As of 18 July 2017
|50 m freestyle||21.27||Singapore||15 August 2019|
|100 m freestyle||47.62||Kazan||28 July 2013|
|50 m backstroke||24.29||Glasgow||3 August 2018|
|100 m backstroke||53.70||Kazan||17 April 2013|
Personal bests (short course)
- As of 16 November 2018
|50 m freestyle||20.31||Copenhagen||15 December 2017|
|100 m freestyle||44.95||Singapore||16 November 2018|
|100 m Medley||50.26||Eindhoven||30 September 2018|
- Medal of the Order "For Services to the Fatherland" II degree (13 August 2012) – for outstanding contribution to the development of physical culture and sports, high athletic achievements at the XXX Olympic Games 2012 in London (United Kingdom).
- "Morozov: FINA".
- "USC Bio: Morozov".
- "Vladimir Morozov". London2012.com. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- Vladimir Morozov. sports-reference.com
- "Vladimir Morozov making his mark for USC swimming". LA Times. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- Vladimir Morozov at FINA
- Vladimir Morozov at the International Olympic Committee
- Vladimir Morozov at the Olympic Channel
- Vladimir Morozov at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- Vladimir Morozov – University of Southern California athlete profile at USCTrojans.com
Tommaso D'Orsogna, Travis Mahoney, Cate Campbell, Bronte Campbell
| Mixed 4 × 50 metres freestyle relay world record-holder
14 December 2013 – 6 December 2014
With: Sergey Fesikov, Rozaliya Nasretdinova, Veronika Popova
Josh Schneider, Matt Grevers, Madison Kennedy, Abbey Weitzeil
| Men's 100 metre individual medley
world record holder (short course)
26 August 2016 – present
Cameron van der Burgh
| FINA World Cup
Overall male winner
Chad Le Clos