Vita tripartita Sancti Patricii
The Vita tripartita Sancti Patricii (English: The Tripartite Life of Saint Patrick) is a bilingual Life of Patrick, written partly in Irish and in parts in Latin from the late 9th century. The author's name is sometimes given as Saint MacEvin. It is the earliest example of a saint's Life written in the Irish language and it was meant to be read in three parts over the three days of the saint's festival.
Editions and translations
- Mulchrone, Kathleen, ed. and tr. (1939). Bethu Phátraic. The Tripartite Life of Patrick. 1. Dublin.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- University of Frankfurt: in four parts (, , , )
- Stokes, Whitley, ed. and tr. (1887). The Tripartite Life of Patrick: With Other Documents Relating to that Saint Vol.I. London.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- O'Leary, James (1874). The Most Ancient Lives of Saint Patrick. Library of Alexandria. ISBN 9781613108642. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- The Tripartite Life of Patrick: With Other Documents Relating to that Saint Vol. II.