Silenti in 1958
16 April 1931
|Died||1 November 2014 83) (aged|
|Cause of death||Injuries sustained after pedestrian accident|
Born in Naples as Elvira Giovene, Silenti debuted as child actress at ten years old in Una notte dopo l’opera (1942). She studied law at the university and enrolled at the dance school of Jia Ruskaja, then she left her studies to devote herself to the acting career. One of the most active actresses in the Italian television between fifties and sixties, she slowed her activity after her marriage with the film producer Ermanno Donati, until her retirement in the early 1980s.
Silenti was struck by a car on 31 October 2014 in Rome, Italy. She died the next day from her injuries at the age of 83.
- Last Love (1947)
- Cab Number 13 (1948)
- Totò Tarzan (1950)
- Romanzo d'amore (1950)
- La nemica (1952)
- Francis the Smuggler (1953)
- Passionate Song (1953)
- I Vitelloni (1953)
- House of Ricordi (1954)
- Winter Holidays (1958)
- Son of the Red Corsair (1959)
- The Story of Joseph and His Brethren (1960)
- Son of Samson (1960)
- Maciste nella terra dei ciclopi (1961)
- The Witch's Curse (1962)
- The Avenger of Venice (1964)
- Col cuore in gola (1967)
- "Necrologie - Elvira Giovene (Vira Silenti)". La Repubblica. 7 November 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Cesare Lanza (5 November 2014). "In morte di Vira Silenti". Il Decoder. Archived from the original on 23 November 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Roberto Chiti. Dizionario del cinema italiano - Le Attrici. Gremese, 1999. ISBN 8877423420.