Vinod Dua (born 11 March 1954) is an Indian media personality. He has seen and been associated with Indian television's transition from a government controlled, black and white, single-channel entity to the present-day multi-channel transnational satellite TV industry. A veteran of thousands of hours of telecasting, Vinod Dua is an anchor, political commentator, election analyst, producer and director. He worked in News channel program namely"Jaika India Ka" broadcast on NDTV India. Currently he is making News video for HW NEWS Network on YouTube and hosting a show VINOD DUA LIVE on SWARAJ EXPRESS News Channel which is also available to watch on youtube channel "NewsPlatform".
|Education||Hans Raj College, University of Delhi|
|Children||Mallika Dua, Bakul Dua|
|Awards||Padma Shri (2008)|
Vinod Dua's early upbringing was in the refugee colonies of Delhi. His family migrated from Dera Ismail Khan after the independence of India in 1947. He graduated with a degree in English Literature from Hans Raj College and obtained his master's degree in literature, both from the University of Delhi. Ap Ke Liye was anchored by Vinod till 1984. 1984 was a landmark in the career of Vinod since he anchored Doordarshan.
He used to host a daily morning show on Sahara TV in 2000-03 called Pratidin.
He left the news portal 'The Wire' after his name popped up in the #me-too movement.
In October 2017, Vinod Dua had lashed out at actor Akshay Kumar alleging he passed a vulgar remark on his daughter during the shoot of an episode of the comedy show, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge He went on to call Akshay's wife Twinkle an embarrassed wife for defending her husband. Exactly a year later, October 2018, India's award-winning film director Nishtha Jain, famous for Gulabi Gang, published a long Facebook post alleging Vinod Dua of harassment and sexual misconduct against her. She detailed how after they met Vinod had been making lewd jokes, demeaning her during a job interview and trying to grab her physically when she started working elsewhere to escape his harassment. Dua was however backed by his daughter Mallika Dua who otherwise had expressed her support to other women on MeToo allegations earlier.
- The first electronic media journalist awarded by esteemed BD Goenka Award for excellence in journalism in 1996.
- Awarded the Padma Shri for Journalism in 2008.
- D. Litt. "Honoris Causa" from ITM University, Gwalior in 2016.
Aired in the past
- Zayka India Ka
- Jan Gan Man Ki Baat
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News". The Tribune (Chandigarh). Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- "Mallika Dua's father lashes out at Akshay Kumar after the comedian was replaced; is this a publicity stunt?". PINKVILLA. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "Vinod Dua calls Twinkle Khanna an "embarrassed wife" for defending Akshay Kumar for his sexist remark - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "#MeToo movement: Filmmaker Nishtha Jain accuses Vinod Dua of sexual and mental harassment - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "#MeToo: Veteran Journalist Vinod Dua Accused Of Sexual Harassment". Outlook (Indian magazine).
- "#MeToo movement: Filmmaker accuses TV personality Vinod Dua of harassment". The Indian Express.
- ""Not My Battle...": Mallika Dua On #MeToo Claim Against Father Vinod Dua". NDTV.
- Gulfnews: Talk time
- NDTV.com: Barkha Dutt, Vinod Dua get the Padma Shri