Vino (VNC server)
|Original author(s)||Mark McLoughlin, Calum Benson|
|Initial release||February 5, 2004|
|Stable release||3.34.2 (25 November 2019 ) [±]|
|Preview release||3.35.2 (24 November 2019 ) [±]|
|Available in||41 languages|
|License||GPL version 2|
Configuration up to version 3.8.0 was via the vino-preferences program. This was removed from the packages after that version, since the gnome-control-center could then be used alternatively to control settings.
However - Vino is also useful in some other Linux distributions, which may not use gnome desktop; and where gnome-control-center is not present: this leaves those distributions with no preference-editor. For these distributions, (Lubuntu is one example, being based on LXDE not Gnome), the alternative configuration manager tool dconf-editor is recommended (sudo apt-get install dconf-editor to install). The VNC settings can then be accessed under `org -> gnome -> desktop -> remote-access` using that tool.
- "vino - GNOME Desktop Sharing Server". Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "ftp.gnome.org". Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Petridis, Jordan (25 Nov 2019). "GNOME 3.34.2 Released". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 14 Dec 2019.
- Catanzaro, Michael (24 November 2019). "GNOME 3.35.2 released". GNOME Mail Services (Mailing list). Retrieved 29 November 2019.
- "Module Statistics: vino". Retrieved 30 October 2011.