Villas is a census designated place (CDP) in Lee County, Florida, United States. The population was 11,569 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.
|Coordinates: 26°33′18″N 81°52′9″W|
|• Total||4.8 sq mi (12.4 km2)|
|• Land||4.7 sq mi (12.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
|• Density||2,497/sq mi (964.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867224|
Villas is located in central Lee County at 26°33′18″N 81°52′9″W (26.555003, -81.869036). It is an unincorporated community, bordered to the north by Page Park and Pine Manor and to the west by Whiskey Creek and Cypress Lake, all unincorporated as well. U.S. Route 41 passes through Villas, leading north 6 miles (10 km) to the center of Fort Myers, the Lee county seat, and south 9 miles (14 km) to Estero.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the Villas CDP has a total area of 4.9 square miles (12.6 km2), of which 4.6 square miles (12.0 km2) are land and 0.2 square miles (0.6 km2), or 4.61%, are water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 11,346 people, 5,682 households, and 2,909 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,421.0 people per square mile (934.1/km²). There were 6,574 housing units at an average density of 1,402.8/sq mi (541.2/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 94.23% White, 1.65% African American, 0.17% Native American, 1.17% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 1.33% from other races, and 1.41% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.59% of the population.
There were 5,682 households out of which 15.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 40.4% were married couples living together, 8.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 48.8% were non-families. 38.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 17.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.94 and the average family size was 2.56.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 13.6% under the age of 18, 7.7% from 18 to 24, 28.2% from 25 to 44, 21.2% from 45 to 64, and 29.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females, there were 87.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.4 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $40,483, and the median income for a family was $49,975. Males had a median income of $31,517 versus $25,782 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $25,880. About 3.5% of families and 6.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.9% of those under age 18 and 7.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (DP-1), Villas CDP, Florida". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved December 5, 2019.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "U.S. Gazetteer Files: 2019: Places: Florida". U.S. Census Bureau Geography Division. Retrieved December 5, 2019.
- "CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING (1790-2000)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2010-08-07.
- "QuickFacts Selected: Villas CDP, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2017-07-18.