Video spectroscopy combines spectroscopic measurements with video technique. This technology has resulted from recent developments in hyperspectral imaging. A video capable imaging spectrometer can work like a camcorder and provide full frame spectral images in real-time that enables advanced (vehicle based) mobility and hand-held imaging spectroscopy. Unlike hyperspectral line scanners, a video spectrometer can spectrally capture randomly and quickly moving objects and processes. The product of a conventional hyperspectral line scanner has typically been called a hyperspectral data cube. A video spectrometer produces a spectral image data series at much higher speeds (1 ms) and frequencies (25 Hz) that is called a hyperspectral video. This technology can initiate novel solutions and challenges in spectral tracking, field spectroscopy, spectral mobile mapping, real-time spectral monitoring and many other applications.
- C. B. Su'e, 2012: "Characterization of a hyperspectral chromotomographic imaging ground system". Thesis. Air Force Institute of Technology.
- H. V. Nguyen, A. Banerjee, Ph. Burlina and J. Broadwater and R. Chellappa, 2011: "Tracking and identification via object reﬂectance using a hyperspectral video camera", In: R. Hammoud et al. (eds.), Machine Vision Beyond Visible Spectrum, Augmented Vision and Reality, 1, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-11568-4_9, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- D. B. Cavanaugh, J. M. Lorenz, N. Unwin, M. Dombrowski and P. Willson, 2009: "VNIR hypersensor camera system", Imaging Spectrometry XIV, edited by Sylvia S. Shen, Paul E. Lewis, Proc. SPIE Vol. 7457, 74570O · 2009 SPIE · CCC code: 0277-786X/09/$18 · doi: 10.1117/12.833539
- W. Debski and P. Walczykowski, 2008: "Acquiring reflectance coefficients using hyperspectral video imagery", The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. Vol. XXXVII. Part B7. Beijing 2008
- A. Jung, M. Vohland and S. Thiele-Bruhn, 2015: "Use of a Portable Camera for Proximal Soil Sensing with Hyperspectral Image Data," Remote Sensing, 7(9): 11434-11448