Venus in the East
Venus in the East is a 1919 American comedy silent film directed by Donald Crisp, written by Gardner Hunting and Wallace Irwin, and starring Bryant Washburn, Margery Wilson, Anna Q. Nilsson, Guy Oliver, Clarence Burton and Julia Faye. It was released on January 26, 1919, by Paramount Pictures.
|Venus in the East|
|Directed by||Donald Crisp|
|Produced by||Jesse L. Lasky|
|Screenplay by||Gardner Hunting|
Anna Q. Nilsson
|Cinematography||Victor L. Ackland|
Charles Edgar Schoenbaum
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
The film is now lost.
- Bryant Washburn as Buddy McNair
- Margery Wilson as Martha
- Anna Q. Nilsson as Mrs. Pat Dyvenot
- Guy Oliver as Doc Naylor
- Clarence Burton as Pontius Blint
- Julia Faye as Doric Blint
- Helen Dunbar as Mrs. Blint
- Arthur Edmund Carewe as Middy Knox
- Henry A. Barrows as Terrill Overbeck
- Clarence Geldart as Jass
- Charles K. Gerrard as Maddie Knox
- "Venus-in-the-East - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Venus in the East". AFI. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog:Venus in the East